If you are in the mood for something delightful, follow Celebrity Chef Jon Ashton’s directions to whip up an amazing Asian Avocado shrimp toasts and you will never look at shrimp or toast the same again. Asian Avocado Shrimp Toasts
- 4 slices bread (try thick, crusty artisan breads, sourdough, rye, wheat, multigrain or whatever bread you prefer)
- 2 cups Wasabi gaucamole (recipe below)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
1.Toast sliced bread, top etc slice with 1/2 cup guacamole and 1/4 ill cooked shrimp.
2.Top with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste. For Wasabi Guacamole:
3 large ripe avocados
2-3 small limes
1 tsp wasabi powder (to taste)
1 tbsp soy glaze
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 medium Roma tomato, seeded/diced
1/4 cup scallions, chopped
1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
For Wasabi Guacamole:
1. Slice open avocado and scoop out the Avocado's into your bowl.
2. Immediately salt the avocado and squeeze one entire lime over the pulp.
3. Using a fork mash the avocado to a chunky consistency.
4. Now add juice of another lime, wasabi, soy glaze, scallions, garlic, cilantro, tomato and Jalapeno. Mix them in gently and then add salt and pepper
5. Serve immediately or keep covered in the fridge until ready to consume.