TAMPA, Fla. - Family members say they still have a lot of questions after a teenager and 25-year-old were shot to death by armed security guards outside of a pop-up teen dance club in Tampa Monday night.

Elease Moore, 79, says she had a bad feeling about her granddaughter, Julissa Jackson, heading to a teen night club in Tampa. The 15-year-old was one of two people shot to death in a car outside the club.

“I was begging her not to go. I was begging her,” said Moore. “I told her, I said you can't go to every party they have. Because there's too much shooting going on now. And people just taking lives for nothing.”

Investigators say the pop-up teen dance club was inside a warehouse area in the 5800 block of N. 50th St. in Tampa.

Investigators say promoters pulled the plug on the event at about 10:30pm instead of midnight as had been scheduled, because so many teens were fighting.

Outside, deputies say two armed security guards heard what they thought were fireworks, then gunshots, which they claim to have seen coming from a car.

The guards then claimed they were in fear for their lives as they opened fire on the car, occupied by Jackson and a family friend who'd driven her to the club. The driver was identified as 25-year-old Jyhaad Grant.

“The security guards should have found out where the shots were coming from before he shot into the cars. And he didn't stop until all of his bullets were gone,” said Jackson's cousin, Paulondra Hardy, who questioned the circumstances of the shooting.

Detectives later identified the security guards as 28-year-old Keyon Williams and Connor Harm, who is 18. Both. Both employed by Eagle One Security Force in Tampa. Both, say deputies, are licensed to carry weapons.

Grant, a former Middleton High School football star, had an extensive criminal record. But Angel Madison, the mother of Grant's two-month-old child, says Grant recently got a new job, was happy with his new role as a father, and questioned the guards' account of what happened, saying it makes no sense to her.

“He never says he's going to harm anybody. So for them to say that he just opened fire on them just because, with a 15-year-old person in the car with him, it just really doesn't add up,” said Madison.

Jackson's relatives, praying for answers and an end to the violence that took her young life say the 15-year-old also had a two-month-old child of her own, a son named Jaycion whom they'll now have to raise as a family.

“I have no idea how it started, and why it started,” said Moore, “But I know she's gone. My grandbaby is gone.”

Several hours after the shooting, a forensic unit from the sheriff's office was still at the scene, still trying to answer several questions, but at this point, deputies said there were no charges pending against the security guards

Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.

Have a news tip? Email desk@wtsp.com, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.