Personal computers will be tax-free during the state’s back-to-school sales tax holiday.
This year’s tax-free weekend starts at 12:01 a.m. Friday, Aug. 4 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 6.
The following items will be tax exempt:
$15 or less: Most school supplies
$60 or less: Clothing, footwear and accessories
$750 or less: Personal computers, computer-related accessories
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15
• Books that are not otherwise exempt
• Personal computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.