WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. - A freon gas leak forced the evacuation of nearly 200 people from a hotel Friday night.

A large plume filled four floors at the Quality Inn on Wesley Chapel Boulevard following a leak of the building's main air conditioner, Pasco County Fire Rescue said.

No injuries were immediately reported.

Freon is the cooling agent commonly used in air conditioning systems to crate the cool air. Continued breathing of air contaminated with freon can result in respiratory difficulties, organ damage and death.