HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. -- One person died and another victim suffered smoke-related injuries in a mobile home fire in Odessa on Monday.

Firefighters responded to a blaze at the 17100 block of Gulfview Court in the Silver Dollar Gold and Trap Community. The residence was consumed by fire when firefighters were told that one person was inside the home. That victim was discovered deceased.

A second victim, who was across the street from the fire, was transported to an area hospital. According to the report, that victim's condition is improving.

The identities of the victims have not been released.

Neighboring homes were also damaged by the fire. Heat from the mobile home fire apparently melted the siding of these homes.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be unattended candles at the scene, according to the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue. The couple left candles burning when they went to sleep. No smoke alarms went off during the incident, which is under investigation.