BARTOW, Fla. – Polk County Fire Rescue is on the scene of a natural gas leak on Friday morning.
Crews found an 8-inch gas line damaged while workers removed a tree around 6:30 a.m. Friday at Reynolds Road and Winter Lake Road.
Area businesses are asked to stay inside. The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is assisting, and helping close roads in the area.
There are no residential homes in the immediate area, according to Polk County Fire Rescue.
The gas line belongs to TECO. Representatives shut off the gas supply, according to Polk County Fire Rescue.
Due to the current wind direction, residents in the Highland City area are able to smell the natural gas.
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.