VENICE, Fla. -- A man was airlifted to the hospital after being shocked while working in Venice.

The man was doing construction work at the Village on the Isle, which is a retirement community, when it happened. He suffered burns to his arms.

He was flown to Sarasota Memorial Hospital. At this point, we don't have word of his condition.

â–ºMake it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.

Have a news tip? Email, or visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.