MIAMI (AP) - There's been another delay for pop star Justin Bieber on Florida charges of driving under the influence and resisting arrest.
Prosecutors and Bieber's attorney told a judge at a hearing Wednesday they need three more weeks to determine whether the case goes to trial or is resolved with a plea deal. Another hearing was set Aug. 5 for the 20-year-old singer.
Bieber was arrested Jan. 23 in Miami Beach after what police described as an illegal street race between Bieber and a friend.
Alcohol breath tests found Bieber's level below the 0.02 limit for underage drivers but urine tests showed the presence of marijuana and an anti-anxiety drug. Bieber was also charged with driving on an expired license.
Bieber did not attend the hearing.
- Justin Bieber arrested for DUI in Miami
- TMZ releases "unreal" Bieber video deposition
- Police release revealing photos of Justin Bieber
- Justin Bieber in hot water over racist joke
- Bieber pleads no contest in egging vandalism case