(USA Today) It's called Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse.
Mariah Carey's 14th studio album, out May 27, was originally supposed to come out on May 6. That it missed the date suggested that she intended a surprise album a la Beyonce. But it seems that she changed her mind.
The title is based on her childhood. It's meant to be a "creative visualization of how I saw myself with the purity of a child's heart before it was ever broken," she says.
"Please don't judge me for such a simplistic title," she says. "Come on, I was only three and a half." In an interview with Radio.com, she said that the album was a journey and referred to motherhood and a "tough pregnancy."
So, what about the "Elusive Chanteuse" part? She doesn't say.
She also released the tracklist:
3. Dedicated (feat. Nas)
4. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel)
6. Make It Look Good
7. You're Mine (Eternal)
8. You Don't Know What To Do (feat. Wale)
9. Supernatural (With Special Guest Stars "Dembabies" a.k.a. Ms. Monroe & Mr. Moroccan Scott Cannon a.k.a. Roc 'N Roe)
12. Money ($ * / …) (feat. Fabolous)
13. One More Try
14. Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can't Give Up Now)
15. It's a Wrap (feat. Mary J. Blige) [Deluxe edition]
16. Betcha Gon' Know (feat. R. Kelly) [Deluxe edition]
17. The Art of Letting Go [Deluxe edition]
18. Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse
Top 10: Most Beautiful Women