Tampa, Florida -- You don't have to travel to New York City to see the future of Broadway. You may be able to find some future stars this weekend at the Broadway Theatre Project.
For nearly 25 years, BTP has helped train and prepare the next generation of musical theater performers right here in Tampa Bay. This weekend, the talented young apprentices will show off everything they've learned at two performances.
And for the first time, theater fans will get the chance to own a piece (or two, or three) of Broadway and Hollywood history. After the evening performance, BTP will hold a live auction of items any theater fan would love.
Among the items up for auction:
- A pair of autographed sneakers owned by Broadway legend Ben Vereen (who is directing BTP's shows)
- Sheet music from the Disney film "Frozen," signed by its Oscar-winning songwriters Bobby and Kristen Anderson-Lopez
- Tony Award-winning "thong dress" from the Broadway Musical "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"
- Boxing gloves and two Playbills signed by the cast of "Rocky, the Musical"
- 2 tickets to the Broadway production of "Cinderella"
- 4 tickets to the rehearsal for the finale of next season's "American Idol"
All money raised will go to maintaining the Broadway Theatre Project future.
The two shows from BTP will be held at USF-Tampa's Theater 2 at 2:00 and 8:00pm. Click here for tickets or call (813) 974-2323.