Isabel Laessig better known as “Family Foodie,” is passionate about her family and believes that we can empower our families by nurturing them around the family table. Isabel is on a mission to bring back Sunday supper around the family table in every home.
Today on GDTB, Isabel prepared Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese Chorizio in Port Wine Sauce. For more info, go to www.familyfoodie.com, prepared a super easy dish for holiday entertaining!
Here's here recipe for Beef Tenderloin with Chorizo Sausage and Blue Cheese:
- 1 5 pound Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 ounce chorizo, diced
- 2 cups port wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 french baguette, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- arugula to garnish, if desired
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Season tenderloin generously with salt and pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325º F and roast for 45 minutes or to desired doneness using meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- While the roast is in the oven, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, fresh chives and chorizo.
- Cook on medium until the chorizo is crispy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the port wine and let cook on medium until reduced in half.
- Whisk in the butter.
- In the meantime, place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and place them in the 350º F oven for approximately 5-8 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and plate on serving dish.
- Slice the beef tenderloin in ¼-inch slices and place on top of the baguette slices.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the chorizo port wine sauce and make sure to grab pieces of chorizo from the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese and garnish with arugula if desired.
© 2018 WTSP-TV