HERNANDO CO., Florida -- Hernando County officials have declared local state of emergency as a precautionary measure due to the progression of Tropical Storm Isaac.
At this time, it is still too early to determine the exact impact that Tropical Storm Isaac may have on Hernando County, as there is still a large amount of uncertainty in the progression of the storm.
Hernando County Emergency Management is continuing to monitor the storm. No evacuations have been ordered at this time and no shelters have been opened.
Residents can still pick up sandbags at the below listed locations.
Residents are encouraged to only take as many sandbags as needed and be courteous of other residents who may need them as well. If needed, sandbags are also available for purchase at local hardware stores for a relatively low cost (less than $.70 per bag).
- Hernando Beach Volunteer Fire Department, 3451 Shoal Line Bv.
- Spring Hill Fire Station #1, 1479 Parker Av.
- Spring Hill Fire Station #2, 3445 Bob Hartung Ct.
- Brooksville Fire Department, 85 Veterans Ave.
- Ridge Manor Community Center, 34244 Cortez Bv.