Tampa Bay, Florida -- Are you ready for the hurricane season? Whether you're new to Florida or you've lived here your entire life, there's a good chance you need a reminder.
Click here to download our 2013 Hurricane Guide
Here are some of the items you'll need for your hurricane kit:
- Water: 1-gallon per person per day, for three days
- Food: 3-day supply non-perishable food
- Manual can opener
- Battery-powered or crank weather radio
- Flashlight and batteries
- Cell phone and charger
- Important documents like passport or birth certificate
- Extra Cash
- Blankets, sleeping bags, books, and games (especially if evacuating)
Once your kit is complete, you need to take stock of the outside of your home. Cover windows with boards or hurricane shutters, trim back shrubbery and secure loose patio items.
Click on the video to get more great ideas from the experts at Lowe's Home Improvement.