The Gannett Foundation, a corporate foundation sponsored by Gannett Co., Inc., serves local organizations in those communities in which Gannett Co., Inc. has a local daily newspaper or television station. WTSP-10 News is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. Gannett Foundation grants are our way of helping to improve the quality of life and addressing the most pressing social and civic issues facing our community.
10 News accepts grant proposals from qualified non-profit organizations for funds available from the Gannett Foundation. We value projects that benefit at-risk youth and families.
Gannett Foundation Application Form
Download and print the Gannett Foundation Application Form
- Proposals are accepted throughout the year.
- Local deadlines are February 15 and August 15.
- Applicants should plan on a 90 day waiting period while the committee finalizes its decisions.
Mail completed application and materials to:
WTSP 10 News
11450 Gandy Blvd.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Attn: Ellen Lasher/Gannett Foundation
Please send two complete copies of your application—no staples, please.
What We Require
Your proposal must contain the following information:
- Application must be made on Gannett Foundation form
- A needs statement
- IRS letter of determination of 501(c)(3) tax exemption (mandatory for consideration)
- If you have not been determined a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3), please include a copy of your application for exempt status (IRS Form 1023).
- Objectives of the project to be funded
- Your organization's qualifications to carry out the project
- Information on whether the project is new or ongoing
- Description of constituency to be served
- Information on community and volunteer involvement
- How will the project be evaluated
- Plans for continued funding of the project, if applicable
- One-page project budget, and an organizational budget
- List of other funding sources, committed and applied for
- Pertinent publications may be included.