Looking for fun things to do in the area in celebration of Independence Day?
We've got you covered.
- July 1 - 4: Largo Central Railroad will be hosting "Train Weekend." Children of all ages can ride the miniature trains around a mile and 1/3 park through Largo Central Park, or the old Pinellas County Fairgrounds. The railroad is also offering rides on a 1927 Amtrak F40Ph passenger train, a 1960's CSX MP15AC freight engine, and a Seaboard freight engine. The event is free, but requests donations for train maintenance.
- 4:00 p.m. - "Clearwater Celebrates America: Fourth of July" at Coachman Park, located at 301 Drew St. in Clearwater. The free Independence Day event will have children's activities, food, live music with the Coachman Park Pops Orchestra with the Wilsons, and a firework show around 9 to 9:30 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. - "Safety Harbor Fourth of July" at Safety Harbor City Marina, located at 110 Veterans Memorial Lane in Safety Harbor. The free event will have kid's activites, entertainment, food vendors, and fireworks.
- 5:00 p.m. - "Fourth of July in Downtown St. Petersburg" at Vinoy Park, located at 501 Fifth Ave. NE in St. Petersburg. Afternoon activities will involve live music, kid's activities, face painting, and a live broadcast from 5 p.m. with Q105's Flash. There will also be a fireworks show around 9 p.m. This event is free.
- 5:00 p.m. - "Avalon Park West 4th of July Celebration" at Avalon Park West Community Center, located at 5227 Autumn Ridge Dr. in Wesley Chapel. The free event will include food trucks, bounce houses, vendors, and entertainment. The event will end with a firework show at 9 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. - "Red, White, and Blue Festival" at Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park, located at 601 Old Water St. in Tampa. There will be a a live jazz concert along the riverwalk, a food court with southern food and desserts, a kid zone, a 'most-patrioticly dressed' competitionm abd a watermelong eating contest. This free event will also include the Channelside firework show.
- 6:00 p.m. - "Largo Fourth of July Celebration" at the Largo Central Park, located at 101 Central Park Dr. in Largo. The event features a pie-eating contest, T-shirt decorating ($5), inflatables ($10 wristband), food vendors, and fireworks. The event will cost $5 - $10, depending on your activity of choice.
- 6 p.m. - "Light Up Tampa Bay Fourth of July Channelside celebration" located at Channelside Bay Plaza in Tampa. The event is Tampa Bay's largest Independence Day celebration. It features live music, entertainment, family-friendly activities and a festive waterfront fireworks display.
- 6:30 p.m. "Fourth of July Funfest" at the SS American Victory, located at 705 Channelside Dr. in Tampa. Music will be performed by DJ Ian Paul. The event will include a kid zone, face painting, games, arts and crafts, and firework show on the WWII supply ship. Price is $13 adult, $7 ages 4-12, 3 and younger are free. $10 for active military and veterans.
- 7:30 p.m. - "Tarpon Springs Fourth of July Fireworks" at Fred Howard Park, located at 1700 Sunset Dr. in Tarpon Springs. Fireworks are set to go off at dusk, estimated around 8:30 p.m. The event will be free.
© 2017 WTSP-TV