St. Petersburg, Florida -- The U.S. Supreme Court's historic ruling Thursday upholding much of President Obama's health care law will certainly be debated on the campaign trail, around water coolers and kitchen tables across the country.
To better understand the issue 10 News Reporters Kathryn Bursch and Preston Rudie look at some of the pros and cons that will likely be raised during those discussions. Below is a list of some of those points.
- More health care for uninsured Americans
- Help for children and adults with pre-existing conditions
- Increased preventive care
- More options for consumers
- Providing health care the compassionate thing to do
- U.S. deficit will grow under the health care law
- Some small businesses will be hurt by being required to offer health care
- Health care premiums will actually go up
- Everyone will still not be insured under the law
- The health care law is a tax
Click on the video for a closer look at the debate.