Pasco County, Florida -- Officials have taken on the manufacturers of synthetic drugs like "Spice" in the past, but Pasco County law enforcement tried out a new tactic as they targeted the retailers.
Undercover deputies visited stores throughout the county, 18 to be exact, and purchased the illegal product.
Today, officials went back to those stores, this time in uniform, to arrest those who carried and sold the drug to them during their initial visits.
Arrests took place at the following Pasco County Stores:
- Citgo, 3939 Land O'Lakes Blvd, Land O' Lakes
- Tobacco and Beverage Store, 5051 U.S. 19
- Pure Gas 5317 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday
- St. Torados, 5400 Mile Stretch, Holiday
- Mobile, 1940 U.S. 19, Holiday
- BP, 4109 Land O'Lakes Boulevard, Land O' Lakes
- Kangaroo, 6226 Rowan Road, New Port Richey
- Wasabi Smoke Shop, 10712 County Line Road, Hudson
- Chevron 6222, State Road 54, New Port Richey
- Congress Food Mart, 7510 Congress Street, New Port Richey
- BP, 18232 U.S. Highway 301, Dade City
- PK's Convenience Store 38141 Trilby Road, Dade City
- Metro Gas, 9011 Little Road, Port Richey
- Sunoco, Little Road/Old County Road 54, New Port Richey
Officials made arrests at four other locations, but did not release their information.
Pasco Sheriff's Office provided a Youtube video of undercover officers purchasing the product from a Marathon Gas Station off of
Old County Rd. 54.
The clerk in the video, 42-year-old Shrenik D. Mode, was arrested for Imitation of Controlled Substances.