Pinellas Beaches, Florida -- A Seminole man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly stealing over $560,000 from local condominium associations.
Pinellas County Sheriff's detectives say while 45-year-old Roberto Velez was working as the Chief Financial Officer for Total Realty Services (TRS), he embezzled money from 10 condominium associations and his employer over the last three-and-a-half years.
During their investigation, detectives discovered Velez was transferring money from the condominium association's accounts into TRS accounts. Once the funds were with TRS, he would then disburse funds to himself through either checks written to himself or make electronic payments, known as ACH transactions, to his personal accounts.
Below is a list of the condos detectives linked to Velez's fraudulent activities:
1. La Contessa Condo - 16326 Gulf Blvd. Redington Beach
2. Las Brisas of Madeira Beach - 14710 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach
3. Royal Orleans - 16333 Gulf Blvd. Redington Beach
4. Palms of Treasure Island - 10315 Gulf Blvd. Treasure Island
5. Madeira Bay Resort - 13235 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach
6. Madeira Bay Town Homes - 118 1st Ave E. Madeira Beach
7. Gulf Strand - 4510 Gulf Blvd. St. Pete Beach
8. Madeira Bay Resort II - 13235 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach
9. Johns Pass Village - 12901 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach
10. Total Realty Services - 13030 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach
Velez has been charged with Grand Theft.