Sarasota, Florida -- The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Juvenile Task Force cited 12 convenience store clerks for selling alcohol to minors during an undercover operation Dec. 27 and 28.
The sheriff's office says the following businesses were in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21 years old and the clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear:
- 7-11 4400 Clark Rd, Sarasota 34231
- BP 5300 Clark Rd, Sarasota 34233
- 7-11 5754 Clark Rd, Sarasota 34233
- Maxx's Mart 2616 Stickney Point Rd, Sarasota 34231
- Discount Beverage 2316 Gulf Gate Drive, Sarasota 34231
- Lee's Food Store 5604 Swift Rd, Sarasota 34231
- 7-11 4350 Bee Ridge Rd, Sarasota 34233
- BP 3605 Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota 34234
- BP 1660 Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota 34237
- 7-11 1721 Honore Ave, Sarasota 34232
- Low Price Tobacco and Beer 700 S. Tamiami Tr, Nokomis 34275
- Hess Express 350 Commercial Ct, Venice 34292
Another 43 businesses were found to be in compliance and were sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.