St. Petersburg, FL -- A new global survey shows many women with advanced breast cancer feel isolated and have a hard time finding relevant resources. The survey of 1,273 women from 12 countries by Novartis Pharmaceuticals finds two-thirds of women feel no one understands what they're going through.
Here are some statistics they found about specifically about American women:
Relationships & Support:
- More than half of women (55%) say their ABC diagnosis has negatively impacted their marriage
- More than 2 in 5 women (41%) say that support from friends and family wanes over time
Relevant Information & Resources:
- More than half of women (54%) say it is hard to find support groups for advanced breast cancer
- Three-quarters of women (77%) say they actively seek out information on their own
- Yet 45% say it info hard to find information and 55% say what they do find doesn't meet their needs
There are simple things you can do to help a friend or family member living with advanced breast cancer like running errands for her or cook a meal.
There's a new resource that's designed especially for those living with advanced breast cancer to give a voice to the metastatic community. Click here for a link.