Pinellas County, Florida -- Six new K-9 graduates from local law enforcement agencies were recognized at a ceremony in Pinellas County.
Six K-9's were recognized for their hard work during their recent training session that was held over a four-month period of time. During their training, the K-9's are taught a variety of skills to help their partner such as obedience commands, bite work, search work to include area and building searches, tracking and human odor response.
After being on the road and patrolling the streets with their partners, some K-9's will be given the opportunity to continue their training in narcotic and explosive detection.
Here are the new K-9 graduates, their partners and their respective agencies:
- K-9 Hector, Deputy Brady Byers- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
- K-9 Chief, Deputy Jacob Viano- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
- K-9 Valor, Deputy Jeff Andrews, Hernando County Sheriff's Office
- K-9 Dobies, Officer Tommy Nguyen- Tarpon Springs Police Department
- K-9 Nyko, Officer Joshua Pringle- Pinellas Park Police Department
- K-9 Ares, Officer Jonathan Vazquez- St. Petersburg Police Department