Tampa, FL - Despite Tampa Bay's unfavorable unemployment rate, several companies attended Job News Tampa's Mega Job Fair and are looking to fill 850 positions.
Hundreds of candidates shuffled in and out of the Job News Fair at Steinbrenner field. Big name companies like Cintas, Verizon, USAA and Enterprise Rent-a-Car were among the 30 companies recruiting.
"It seems like the economy is getting a little better. Our business is growing here in the Tampa Bay area, as well as worldwide," said Charlie Rodriguez of Enterprise Rent-a-Car.
Enterprise is looking to fill 40 openings immediately.
Job News Fair General manager Fara Kneitel says that Wednesday's job applicant isn't your typical job seeker. "There will be people her that leave here with jobs," said Kneitel. "But every position here is an actual position."
Kneitel said that she is seeing more and more applicants who already have jobs and are looking for something better.
Job News Tampa holds several job fairs throughout the year. There is a wide range of positions in fields like customer service, retail, mid-level management, sales as well as many other occupations.
Tampa, Florida -- Job seekers, cross your T's and dot your I's on your resumes because August 14 is the day you could get that job you've been waiting for.
Job News Tampa is holding a Mega Job Fair at Steinbrenner Field from 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Featured companies attending are listed below:
* Nielsen Ratings is hiring for over 75 Research Interviewers and Team Leaders for their Call Center
* Verizon is hiring for over 100 Customer Service and Sales both bilingual and non bilingual!
* Matrix Medical is looking for over 100 Member Relationship Coordinators for their Call Center
* USAA is hiring for over 100 positions with different divisions. Financial Foundations Associates (both consumer lending and auto insurance), Financial Services Rep's, Inside Auto Adjuster III (entry level), Wealth Mangers, Senior Business Development Advisors, Membership Coordinators and more!
* FirstService Residential is hiring for multiple positions including Community Managers, Administrative, Assistant Managers, Housekeeping, Security, Maintenance, Valet Parking and much more!
* IQPC Exchange is growing and hiring multiple positions for Event Sales (both non and bilingual), Conference Producers, Marketing Rep's (both full and part-tine), Event Planners, Marketing Managers and more!
* Cintas Corp. is hiring for over 75 positions such as Sales Service Rep's, Catalong Sales, Utility Sales, Fire Alarm Tech's, Warehouse Processors, Maintenance and much more!
* Macy's Credit and Customer Services: hiring for over 60 positions in their Clearwater center for Customer Service Rep's and Collections Rep's!
* Loews Don CeSar Hotel hiring for several Cooks, Bartenders, Housekeeping, Restaurant Management, Cashiers, Concierge, Wait Staff, Bussers, Room Attendants, Line Cooks, Ice Cream Staff, Beach Staff, Pool Staff, Receiving Clerks, Seasonal Hiring and much more!
* Enterprise Rental Group is hiring for several Management Trainees, Management Trainee Interns (paid) and Car Prep's (detailers, washers)
* Esurance is hiring for over 50 Inside Sales Representatives and Claims Representatives!
* Management: Over 50 positions (both hospitality and non) Hess Corp, IQPC Exchange, Enterprise, FreightCenter, USAA, Massey Services,
* Technology/Engineering: Over 50 positions (programmers, developers, analysts, help desk, systems administrators, MS Instructors and more!) TZ Insurance, Center For Technology Training, USAA, LaSalle Computer!
* Sales/Customer Service/Collections/Other: Over 300 sales and customer service positions with Massey Services, AFLAC, Alorica, WTTA, Amerilife, TZ Insurance, Courtesy Auto Group, Macy's Credit and Customer Services, Safe Streets, FreightCenter, Nielsen Ratings, MasTec AT (hiring Satellite Installation Tech's),
* Insurance/Finance: TZ Insurance, USAA, Esurance Amerilife and AFLAC are hiring for over 150 insurance rep's, sales rep's, financial advisors, wealth managers in the Tampa Bay area.
The recruitment company has also supplied tips to help get you hired.
- Pre-Register online at www.jobnewstampa.com, print it out and bring it with you to avoid the lines
- Bring 30 copies of your resume
- Dress for a Job Interview - many of the companies will interview and even hire on the spot so you want to make a good first impression
- Pick out 5-10 companies from the list below that you are interested in working for and visit their website to apply online. If you receive a confirmation code or a print out of the application - bring it with you to show the company that you are really interested in employment
- Ask the Hiring Manager at each booth for a business card with their contact information on it so you can follow up with them
- The most important question to ask is always "When can I start?!"