Composite sketch of a female suspected of being involved in a home invasion on Purslane Dr. on September 12, 2013.
Citrus County, Florida-- Two break-ins and robbery incidents occurred in Citrus County and officials say they've yet to find the suspects involved.
According to a report from the Citrus County Sheriff's Office, the first home invasion happened shortly after midnight on September 12.
A woman was just sitting on the lanai of her home off of Purslane Drive in Homosassa when a man walked through her screen door, grabbed her by the arm, held her at gunpoint and demanded she handover jewelry. According to the victim, a woman then showed up and the two of them lead her inside her home.
Once inside, reports say they ransacked the victim's bedroom for anything of value. They left shortly after, but not before striking the victim in the face with something from inside the man's pocket- leaving injuries bad enough to send her to the hospital.
The same co-ed crime duo is believed to be responsible for a similar crime that took place the following night.
On Thursday around 9:00 p.m., deputies say a 25-year-old man answered after hearing a knock at the door of his home on Pine Drive in Sugarmill Woods. A man in a dark hoodie and a blue bandana was standing there with a gun, and then suddenly forced his way inside, made the victim get on the floor.
Reports say the man then ordered the victim to walk outside to his truck, and after taking money and jewelry, a "second person" joined the suspect and the two left together.
"He then told me to turn around and walk into my house and if I turned around, he would shoot me if I look at him," said the victim who only wanted to be identified as Paul.
Though the pair remains on the loose, Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy is confident they'll be caught.
"We're going to catch them and they're going to go to jail," Dawsy said Friday. "But until then, I'm urging everyone in our community to be particularly safe. There's a guy out there with a gun and an accomplice- and he's being pretty bold."
Dawsy encourages locals to take the following special safety precautions and call 911 to report any suspicious activity:
- Lock all doors and windows, including garage doors.
- Remove valuables and lock all vehicles before exiting them.
- Use outside lighting.
- Don't answer the door unless you're sure you know the person on the other side.
- Keep an eye out for your neighbors.
- Report any suspicious activity immediately by calling 911.
If you have information about these crimes, you can also submit tips anonymously and become eligible for a cash reward by contacting Crime Stoppers of Citrus County.
Call 1-888-ANY-TIPS, report online or text the word "CITRUS" along with your tip to 274637.
The suspects on the loose have been described as follows:
Purslane Drive Robbery:
- White male
- Brown eyes and Brown hair
- In his early 20s
- Between 5'10" and 6' tall
- Approximately 170 lbs.
- Wearing a black bandana over his face, a dark blue sweatshirt and blue jeans. His jeans were hanging low on his hips, revealing blue boxer shorts.
- Also in her early 20s
- Approximately 5'7" and 140 lbs
- Wearing a navy blue sweatshirt with a hood over her head and blue jeans with designs on the back pocket and white stitching. She was also wearing heavy makeup and heavy eyeliner.
Pine Drive Robbery:
- White male
- Light eyes
- Approximately 5'10" - 6' tall
- Approximately 150 pounds with a slender build.
- Wearing a dark colored hoodie that covered his head and a blue bandana over his face with dark gloves.