Seminole, Florida -- They thought the pills might provide a high, but instead, five eighth grade girls got sick to their stomachs Monday afternoon and were taken the hospital. All five are expected to recover.
Investigators say one of the girls brought the prescription pills from home. The hydroxyzine, an antihistamine used to treat allergies and sometimes anxiety, had been prescribed to her guardian.
Sgt. Dave DiSano of the Pinellas Sheriff's Office says all of this could have been prevented.
"The sheriff's office and other law enforcement agencies stress this again and again and again - make sure the prescription medications in your household are locked up securely."
The girl who brought the pills to school could face charges, including possession of medication without a prescription and dispensing medication without a license.