Tampa, Florida-- Through tear-filled eyes, sitting beside her attorney TJ Grimaldi on The View, we heard for the first time Thursday the seemingly ordinary events that led to the shooting of Nicole Oulson's husband, Chad.
"We happened to have a weeknight off which is rare...we like to see movies. We get to the theater; we get our snacks and the previews are on...and in zero to 60, my whole world just shattered," Oulson explained.
Nicole said their two-year old daughter, Alexis was with their sitter, so Chad decided to check his cellphone to see if he had missed any calls.
That's when Chad was shot, and killed.
71-year old Curtis Reeves, who is charged with 2nd degree murder, alleges he acted in self-defense after popcorn was thrown.
Nicole's recollection of events, is much different.
"I can't honestly say popcorn was thrown. There was conversation, the gentleman confronted my husband several times which he ignored, and ignored and ignored," she said.
When asked about life now, Nicole spoke of their daughter, and how she doesn't fully understand what happened to her father.
"Every night he'd say, you make daddy so happy. So happy. She'd go around with his picture, and say 'daddy's happy, daddy's happy', but she doesn't understand."
As to a motive on why her husband was shot? Nicole believes Reeve's lack of authority as a retired police officer played a role.
"He's a gentleman who's been in an authoritative position all his life. He's used to [people saying] 'how high', when he says 'jump'. He no longer has that control."
Reeve's bond hearing continues Friday at 10:00 a.m..
- PHOTOS: Shooting suspect taken into custody
- Movie theater gunman ID'd as former TPD captain
- Neighbor: Theater shooting victim a family man
- Alleged movie theater shooter held without bond
- Witnesses: Victim threw popcorn bag at suspect
- Dad shot in theater adamant about texting daughter
- GUNS: Why are they allowed where signs forbid them?
- Deputies: Alleged movie theater shooter's gun jammed
- Popcorn defense: Can accused movie shooter use Stand Your Ground?
- 10 Investigates: History of accused movie theater shooter
- Woman describes disturbing run-in with alleged shooter
- Wife of movie theater shooting victim speaks publicly for 1st time
- WATCH: Nicole Oulson's complete statement
- Bond Hearing: Judge allows theater shooting video in courtroom
You may also like...
Arrrrrr! Pirates invade Tampa for Gasparilla
Treason? Secret Service visits candidate who says Obama should hang
Mystery House: Unsuspecting house holds a hidden secret
Abuse Arrest: Hog-hunting mom leaves kids in freezing car
Seeking Sasquatch: Bigfoot sightings abound in Colorado
Cyclist stuck in windshield: "Hi, I'm the guy you hit"
Miracle Baby: Tampa toddler has 5-organ transplant
Here kitty, kitty: Lion escapes enclosure at Pasco sanctuary
#ShortYellows: Florida quietly shortened yellow lights
Kittens shot: Officer shoots kittens in front of children
Popular photo galleries:
Faces of Meth: Devastating before and after photos of meth abusers
Trayvon Martin Shooting: Trayvon Martin crime scene photos and George Zimmerman injury photos
Hooters Winners: Winners of the 2013 Hooters swimsuit pageant
Rejected: Funny Florida license plates rejected by the DMV***warning graphic***
Deadly sinkhole: Home collapses, man dies in giant sinkhole
Florida Sex Offenders: Look up sex offenders in any Florida neighborhood here
Restaurant Inspections: Look up inspection reports for any Florida restaurant here