TALLAHASSEE -- The Florida Lottery announced Thursday it has suspended the sale of its products at 11 retailers, seven of which are in the Pinellas County, after an on-going investigation determined fraudulent activity may have occurred involving the sale or redemption of lottery tickets.
Lottery officials have suspended sales at the following locations:
- Rainbow Food Mart, 8592 49th Street, Pinellas Park, FL 33781-1554
- Park Street Gas Kwick, 5399 Park Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33709-1042
- 49 St. Mobil, 825 49th Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33710-6611
- Central Avenue Exxon, 5800 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33707-1728
- Clearwater Sunoco, 11600 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, FL 33764-7411
- Mini Market, 7875 137th Street, Seminole, FL 33776-3428
- Bryan Dairy Rally, 7690 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777-1401
All lottery equipment was removed and game terminals were turned off at each store. The contract suspension of these retailers is temporary while the Florida Lottery continues its investigation. If the investigation findings show that a crime has taken place, the Florida Lottery will terminate the retailer's contract, and owners or employees of the stores could face criminal charges.