Pinellas County, Florida -- According to investigators, a group of individuals are targeting elderly residents in Pinellas County.
The suspects approach residents in their homes and say they are there to inspect a water leak, to check property lines or to trim trees in the backyard. While they are distracting the homeowner, two to three other suspects then enter the residence and steal items to include jewelry and cash.
During the schemes the victims were distracted for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
The suspects are described as:
- Suspect #1: A Hispanic male in his 40's, with a medium build, a round face, dark short hair and a clean shaven.
- Suspect #2: A White male, 25-40 years of age, with a heavy build and short dirty blonde hair.
- Suspect #3: A Black male 30-40 years of age, thin build and full trimmed beard.
- Suspect #4: A female - unknown description
- Suspect #5: A White male approximately 25 years of age, 5'10" tall with a slim build, short black hair, brown eyes and black scruffy facial hair.
- Suspect #6: A White male, 50 years of age and a heavy build.
Their vehicles are as follows:
- Vehicle#1: Dark brown, Ford F150 crew cab with a dark brown topper
- Vehicle#2: Black small pickup truck (Picture attached)
- Vehicle#3: White pickup truck, 2-door, possibly ten years old, decent condition with tree branch debris in the bed
- Vehicle#4: White newer model full size pickup truck
- Vehicle#5: Small white car with trunk open