A lightning strike on Sunday night is to blame for knocking out the main electric generator at Wiregrass Ranch High School in Wesley Chapel, according to the Pasco School District.
The district said the school has lights, and windows and doors are open to help circulate air. Classes are being held on Monday. Some parents are checking their children out of school due to their complaints about being hot.
Students are getting box lunches and water to drink. The school has water service, except for the drinking fountains.
School leaders say the telephones are not working either.
Withlacoochee Electric is installing a new transformer, according to a post on the school district's Facebook page.
School officials say that classes will be held on Tuesday whether or not the repair is complete. Any student not in class will get an unexcused absence.