Tampa Bay, Florida -- What comes to mind when you hear St. Patrick's Day? For most people, frosty green beer, and juicy corned beef and cabbage makes their mouth water. But if that's not your cup of tea, maybe a festival, parade, or traditional music and dance is more your style.
Communities around the Bay are offering something for everyone; check out the following spots serving up St. Patrick's Day fun this weekend:
- Mayor's River O'Green Celebration: Saturday, March 16 starting at 11 a.m. at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in Downtown Tampa. The city will dye a section of the Hillsborough River Green in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. This event will be free to the public, but be sure to bring some money for the food and activities. Bring three non-perishable food items to the event and get a green "Saint Patrick's Army" shirt from the Salvation Army.
- The Dubliner Irish Pubs: locations in Citrus Park and South Tampa will host a St. Patrick's Day celebration March 15 through the 17. March 15 and 16 will be an Irish Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday will have live entertainment, contests, and prizes. Sunday, March 17 will be an Irish breakfast brunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. with live entertainment and green beer. Click here for more information- including prices.
- Irish 31 St. Paddy's Fest: March 16, from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. and March 17, from 12 to 10 p.m. in South Tampa at Irish 31. This event will be 2 days of live music, food, and drinks and will have T.V.'s featuring March Madness. Tickets are $15. For more info, call (813) 250-0031.
- St. Patrick's Day at Busch Gardens: March 16 and 17. Authentic Irish Cuisine will be served as well as Busch Gardens' Irish Beer Selection. All of this and more will be available at the Dessert Grill and Crown Colony House Restaurant. Click here for more info.
- St. Patrick's Eve Celebration: March 16, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Fishermen's Village. Music is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a parade starting at 5 p.m. Celtic Dances will perform from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be food specials throughout the day. For more info call (941) 575-3067.
- Go Green Day: Sunday, March 17 at 1:05 p.m. The Baltimore Orioles take on the Minnesota Twins at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota, FL. Orioles' players will wear Green Jerseys and Hats, which will then be autographed and auctioned on their website for charity. For more info on the game, tickets, or the auction, Click here for more information.
- The Beach Bistro's 14th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade: Sunday, March 17 at 4 p.m. on Anna Maria Island. The parade will go from Holmes Beach City Hall and will end at North Palm Drive and 78th Street. This event is free to the public. Click here for more info.
- Flanagan's Irish Pub: Saturday, March 16 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday, March 17 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Events will be at Downtown Dunedin at Pioneer Park and Flanagan's Irish Pub. Enjoy traditional Irish food, music, and drinks. Click here, or call (727) 736-4994, for more info.
Have an event you want featured on this list? Send the details over to email@example.com, and we'll add it to the story!
Authored by 10 News Intern, Justin Kase