Lil Wayne on Feb. 1 in New Orleans.
(Photo: Jordan Strauss, Invision/AP)
(USA TODAY) It still may be unclear exactly what sent Lil Wayne to the hospital, but he's out now.
Friends and colleagues are speaking for the rapper, who was said to have suffered seizures while making a music video Tuesday night that sent him to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. TMZ reported he was in the intensive care unit.
Young Money president and Wayne's close friend Mack Maine broke the news of Lil Wayne's release late Monday on Twitter. "Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home....God is great."
On Monday, Bryan "Birdman" Williams, co-founder of Cash Money Records, called into Angie Martinez's New York radio show and said that Carter had had previous seizures but that he had only one last week. He also confirmed that Weezy was never discharged last week, and had remained in the Cedars-Sinai for six days straight, though it had been reported that he was released on Wednesday, and then re-admitted.
No one has addressed reports that the rapper had his stomach pumped after overdoing it on sizzurp, a drink made with codeine, flavored soda and a jolly rancher.
"It didn't have nothing to do with drugs," Williams said in the radio interview. "No such thing like that. It's how hard he works. How much dedication he gives to his music and his fans. It had nothing to do with drugs. No such thing like that, to me. It was nothing about no drugs. Just needs to get some rest and relax. He'll be back, normal, like everyone else."