If your home, apartment or business was damaged during Hurricane Hermine. You could be eligible for disaster relief.
President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster declaration for five Bay Area counties: Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas.
FEMA is saying you can get assistance for your property if it was damaged. That’s grant money that won’t have to be repaid. All you have to do is apply and they’ll try to respond as quickly as possible.
“A lot of people were displaced and we want to let people know who have major damage -- significant damage -- to their home that they’re not alone,” said FEMA spokesman, John Mills.
Here’s what you need to know when applying. You’ll be asked to provide the following, it includes:
• Social Security number
• Address of the damaged home or apartment
• Description of the damage
• Information about insurance coverage
• A current contact telephone number
• An address where they can receive mail
• Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds.
To apply call this number 1-800-621-3362. or you can apply online by clicking HERE.