(NEWS-PRESS) - The Florida Highway Patrol announced today an additional enforcement week dedicated to the Ticketing Aggressive Cars and Trucks (TACT) campaign will begin Monday and run through Friday. The TACT campaign is targeted to highlight the danger of aggressive driving behaviors when interacting with large trucks on the road.
Troopers statewide will be on the lookout for car and truck drivers who exhibit aggressive driving such at following too closely, unsafe lane changes and speeding, an FHP news release said.
FHP offers these tips for driving around large trucks:
• Stay out of the No Zone: Be aware large trucks have large blind spots (also known as "No Zones").
• Pass trucks with caution: Pass on the left side for maximum visibility and maintain a constant speed.
• Don't cut off trucks: Be sure to leave room when you pull in front of a truck. Large trucks simply can't stop as quickly as cars.
• Practice patience around larger vehicles that are not traveling at same speed as your vehicle.
• Don't drive distracted: Anything that takes your full attention off the road, even for a second, could be deadly. This includes texting, changing the radio station, talking to passengers.
For information about TACT, FHP's Commercial Motor Vehicle Enforcement and No Zones, visit: http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/