Freon gas leak forces evacuation of Wesley Chapel hotel

WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. - A freon gas leak forced the evacuation of nearly 200 people from a hotel Friday night.

A large plume filled four floors at the Quality Inn on Wesley Chapel Boulevard following a leak of the building's main air conditioner, Pasco County Fire Rescue said.

No injuries were immediately reported.

Freon is the cooling agent commonly used in air conditioning systems to crate the cool air. Continued breathing of air contaminated with freon can result in respiratory difficulties, organ damage and death.

© 2017 WTSP-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment