U.S. News and World Reports is out with its list of Best Diets.
Click here to read report.
Picking the right diet can be confusing when they all promise great results.
Which diets really deliver?
U.S. News and World Reports put together a panel of medical and health experts to study popular diets. Here's a look at the top 5 diets they say are not only safe, but help you lose weight at a healthy pace:
- DASH: A government endorsed diet that is low sodium. Health experts say it helps lower blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease risk.
- The mediterranean diet: A diet featuring a lot of fish, olive oil and veggies.
- The TLC diet: A low-fat diet.
- Weight Watchers: A program where you can eat any food, but you have to follow a points system.
- The Mayo Clinic Diet: A diet that focuses on long-term weight management and overall health.
Get a fresh perspective on health: Heather's Natural Health