Tampa, Florida - Fire investigators are trying to figure out what sparked up flames at a Tampa home that left a woman with 80% of her body burned.
Authorities said Guislante Joseph was burned after a flash fire ignited in the bathroom of her home along the 2900 block of Cord Street.
According to Joseph's daughter, Fleurette Dolt, she was in the kitchen when she heard a noise in the bathroom. When she went to check on it, she saw her mother nearly covered in flames. Dolt said she took her mother outside the house to try to put out the flames herself. Someone saw what was going on and called 911.
Tampa Fire rescue officials said the fire was out when they arrived and they then rushed Joseph to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.
A flash fire is a vapor-type fire that flashes and once that vapor is burned up, the fire then goes out by itself.
The investigation is ongoing into how the flash fire started.
No word Friday night on Joseph's condition.