Bradenton, Florida -- Two weeks after a lengthy search through woods next to a Bradenton Walmart and a police chase in Arkansas, officers finally have their man.
Police say the man, involved in an incident with an officer at the Supercenter Walmart at 5315 Cortez Road West on July 5, has been arrested.
Officers working with FDLE say they received information that 24-year-old Thomas Spivey was the man they were looking for and that he was hiding out at a family member's home in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
When Arkansas law enforcement tried to arrest Spivey he fled in a vehicle and after a pursuit was arrested with the help of a road block.
Spivey has been charged in Arkansas with:
- Fleeing to Elude
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Criminal Trespass
- Driving with a Suspended License
- Careless Driving
Spivey also faces multiple criminal charges from that day in Bradenton including:
- Attempted Purchase of a Schedule II Controlled Substance
- Aggravated Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Aggravated Assault on Law Enforcement Officer
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Injuries
- Fleeing to Elude a Law Enforcement Officer
- Multiple Criminal Traffic Offenses