Lakeland, Florida -- Lakeland Fire investigators say a cigarette led to the fire at a hotel room Sunday morning.
Investigators say Karen Warren left a cigarette unattended on her bed at the Holiday Palm Inn. The hotel manager, Joseph Rider, along with Warren, was treated at Lakeland Regional Medical Center for smoke inhalation after he rushed in to help her.
There were no other injuries and damage was isolated to just the one room. During a check of the room, investigators were not able to find a smoke alarm reminding all travelers to check their rooms when staying at hotels.