Tampa, Florida -- Mayor Bob Buckhorn announced Wednesday the City of Tampa will soon have a hotline for employees to anonymously report instances of waste, fraud and abuse.
The City says all employees will be able to make a report anonymously either by calling the hotline or through a third party website. The Internal Audit Department will manage the hotline for City employees and, once it's up and running in February next year, it will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Instances of fraud, waste, or abuse include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inefficient or wasteful use of city resources
- Official misconduct or conflicts of interest
- Personal use of City-owned vehicles or equipment
- Violations of City procurement policy
- Tampering with public records
The City will contract with The Network, Inc. who manages anonymous report hotlines. The contract with Network, Inc. goes before Tampa City Council on Thursday, Dec. 20.