Clearwater, Florida -- Two people were taken to a local hospital after a fire broke out at an apartment unit Monday morning.
Clearwater Fire Rescue says it took firefighters 15 minutes to get the fire under control around 10:20 this morning. A 60-year-old man, who inside the unit that caught fire, and a 47-year-old woman, who lives next door, were treated for smoke inhalation.
The apartment, located in the 300 block of S. Arcturas Avenue, was deemed inhabitable and the Red Cross is helping the displaced residents.
No word yet on the cause of the fire.