Tampa Bay, Florida -- If you've tried to get in and around the Bay area during rush hour you've seen thousands of commuters.
New data from the U.S. Census Bureau is shedding light where exactly people here in the Tampa Bay area live and work.
More than 20 percent of Pasco County workers commute in -- mostly from Hernando and Hillsborough counties. On the flip side, nearly half of all those who live in Pasco work in Hillsborough. So it's no surprise that 20 percent of workers head into hillsborough, mostly from Pasco.
Few have jobs in Pinellas County. And more than 15 percent of Pinellas workers are from Hillsborough and Pasco counties.
Few commute to jobs on the other side of the Bay.
Below is a breakdown of the numbers:
- 21% of workers in Pasco commute to work -- mostly from Hernando and Hillsborough
- 49 percent of workers commute from Pasco to jobs in Hillsborough
- 20% of workers commute in to Hillsborough -- mostly from Pasco
- 11% of workers commute out mostly to Pinellas
- 16% of workers commute into Pinellas mostly from Hillsborough and Pasco counties
- 14% of workers commute out in large to jobs to Hillsborough