Bradenton, Florida -- Bradenton Fire Department responded to a fire where a dog was inside the house.
In the afternoon on Saturday, March 16th, firefighters were alerted to a structure fire. Upon arrival responding units found one story residence with thick smoke exiting from the front door and chimney.
A neighbor alerted the firefighters to a pet inside the house. Firefighters located a small dog in the master bedroom during an initial search. The dog was taken outside where fire and EMS crews administered oxygen.
Manatee County Animal Services responded and transported the dog to an animal clinic for further treatment.
There were no reported injuries but the damage is estimated at $25,000. The family affected is being assisted by the Red Cross.