Manatee County, Florida -- Manatee County is accepting applications for vacancies on the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee which makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on affordable housing incentives.
There are five vacancies on the committee open to volunteer Manatee County residents for the following seats:
- Seat 2: Someone who is actively engaged in banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing
- Seat 4: Someone who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with affordable housing
- Seat 6: Someone who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider in connection with affordable housing
- 8: Someone who actively serves on a local planning agency
- Seat 10: Someone who represents employers in Manatee County
The group usually meets on an as-needed basis on the third Monday of each month at 3 p.m. in the Manatee County Administrative Complex, 1112 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton.
Applications are due Sept. 4 and may be found online at www.mymanatee.org/advisory_boards