St. Petersburg, FL - A two year boy is recovering after falling into hot coals during a camping trip to celebrate his second birthday.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's office says Johnathan Moore was with hs family at KOA Campground on 95th Street in St Petersburg.
They say he was riding a scooter when he lost his balance and fell into a fire pit yesterday morning.
His mother and other family members pulled him out in a hurry and called 9-1-1.
He was flown to Tampa General Hospital with first and second degree burns to his back, left arm and left leg.
He's in the ICU and stable.