Detectives investigate grease fire at a Palm Harbor home

Pinellas County, Florida -- According to investigators, the fire appears to be a grease fire that started in the kitchen. Deputies say the fire is not suspicious in nature.

At the time of the fire, the home was occupied by a woman, her brother and her 11-year-old child. According to investigators, the woman was cooking chicken in grease on the stove when the pan caught fire. She attempted to put the fire out but was unsuccessful.

She then attempted to bring the pan outside of the home, while at the same time her child was standing at the edge of the sidewalk near the doorway. Grease from the pan spilled on the child causing 2nd and 3rd degree burns to various areas of his body.

The child was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

No one else was injured in the fire.

The investigation continues.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment