JACKSONVILLE, Florida (AP) - Officers say a woman is accused of leaving her 5-year-old daughter inside a car outside a Jacksonville Costco store.
The Jacksonville Times-Union reports someone saw the child on Sunday afternoon and removed her from the hot vehicle. Police were called after an unsuccessful search for the mother.
Police say Vivian Guo returned some 45 minutes later and told police she'd lost track of time because her watch wasn't working. She says the child didn't want to go into the store and she felt it was ok to leave her outside.
Jail records didn't list an attorney for Guo, who's being held without bond on child neglect charges. There was no word on who is taking care of the child.
- Child left in hot car while parents drink inside bar
- Shoe trick will prevent child deaths in hot cars
- Eight dogs rescued from hot vehicle, owner arrested
- Nanny leaves kids in hot car
- Mom leaves 4-month-old in hot car, is arrested