Osceola County, Florida -- A 6-year-old central Florida girl is recovering after a venomous water moccasin bit her near the ankle.
After Kristina Lleusma was bitten, her mom immediately called 911. "I got a rag, I tied it around her ankle and we were to the emergency room pretty quick," says Dayana Gonzalez.
Even with the child's mom acting quickly, the snake's venom spread. It caused a reaction that put Kristina in the ICU with a dangerous fever and swelling.
After a week in the hospital, doctors think she'll be OK. They expect her to be healthy again in several weeks.
Stories You May Also Like:
- Special coin lost at toll booth returned to owner
- Human skull donated to Goodwill
- Couple tells story of being stranded at sea for 1 week
- Growing market: Built Gator Tough!
- NASA's choice to fly into space coming any day now
- Firefighters' random act of kindness goes viral