EST BOCA RATON, FL (CBS12) -- A landscaping worker was injured by a wood a wood chipper when the worker's arm got pulled into the device.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue responded to the 23000 block of Via Stel near Powerline Road and Southwest 18th Street at 1:13 p.m. Thursday.
The unidentified worker suffered traumatic injuries and was taken to Delray Medical Center.
This is the second serious incident involving wood chippers recently in South Florida.
Just days on the job, 42-year old Hernan Gutierrez and other workers were trimming trees June 23 in Davie when Gutierrez was pulled entirely into a diesel-powered chipper. Police and firefighters described the scene as gruesome and some were unable to compare it to anything they'd ever seen.
- Man killed after going trough wood chipper
- Jail blast paralyzes officer
- Worker falls 20 feet into hole in St. Pete
- Man digging sand hole buried alive
- Repairs underway for parking lot sinkhole
- Good Samaritan saves toddler from 15-foot-deep hole