ST PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County is marking National Influenza Vaccination Week with a day of flu shots at no cost Wednesday.
Flu shots will be available at the following DOH-Pinellas centers from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- St. Petersburg: 205 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. N.
- Pinellas Park: 6350 76th Ave N.
- Mid-County (Largo): 8751 Ulmerton Rd.
- Clearwater: 310 N. Myrtle Ave.
- Tarpon Springs: 301 S. Disston Ave.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend everyone 6 months of age and older should get a flu vaccine every season.
An average of about 36,000 people per year in the United States die from influenza, and 114,000 per year have to be admitted to the hospital as a result of influenza infection, according to the Florida Department of Health.
© 2017 WTSP-TV