St. Cloud, Florida (WKMG) -- A young boy who took a break from riding his bicycle for a swim in a lake Thursday was attacked by a 9-foot alligator.
The 9-year-old boy was attacked about 2:20 p.m. near Lakeshore Boulevard on East Lake Tohopekaliga in St. Cloud, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
Wildlife officials say the boy was in a nonswimming area.
Paramedics reported three superficial bites on the boy's upper body, according wildlife officials. He was airlifted to Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries.
The city of St. Cloud later said they are closing its lakefront swimming areas until further notice.
An alligator trapper on the scene caught a gator just after 7 p.m.
In Florida, there is no shortage of gator stories:
- 6-foot gator knocks on door of Florida home
- Man survives attack by 500-pound gator
- Alligator attacks man diving for golf balls
- Warm Minerals Springs reopens with unexpected guest
- Naked man high on crack attacked by gator in swamp