Lakeland, Florida -- A detective that has been with Lakeland Police Department for almost 20 years has been arrested for a DUI in Osceola County.
Detective Billy Lane was arrested after a traffic stop on Friday, July 25, just before midnight. The arrest was made after a traffic stop by Osceola County SO at International Drive and the Osceola Parkway, at the Orange County line. Detective Lane has been placed on administrative leave.
Detective Lane is 41-years-old and was hired by the Lakeland Police Department on October 6, 1996.
More Lakeland PD stories:
- Embattled Lakeland Police Chief Lisa Womack resigns
- Lakeland police have history of sex on job
- Lakeland Police make woman shake bra during search
- Woman at center of LPD sex scandal comes forward
- 10 News EXCLUSIVE: More unflattering pics surface of LPD